((((...Ripples))))
Friday, September 07, 2007
Can't stop loving you
When do you stop loving someone?
When do you hurt so much that
you say "enough is enough"?
Or perhaps you don't say that
and cope
on your own.
What is unconditional love?

I think I have to put a disclaimer here....
I am talking about relationships that
by and large are 'normal' in the
conventional sense of the word.

If you are in an abusive,
physical and emotional
tormenting relationship,
I have one thing to say to you -

"GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!!!"

You can still love that person
at a distance,
without getting yourself killed,

or pushed over the edge

or killing that person
He / she is not worth
Your death penalty.

OK, that done
let me get back to my question

When do you stop loving someone?

The parent who never stops criticising you
despite your achievements;
The child who tests your authority,
or does the opposite of
everything you teach and stand for;
The spouse who cheats on you...

When things happen,
and situations occur,
You can get so hurt
so angry
so frustrated

Perhaps the first thing
you might say is
"Not again! When will this end?!"

You might wonder if
you have the strength
to carry on
loving,
caring
and sooth over the wounds.

But you do.

You cry,
you might
rant and rave,
might even
scream and shout
and tell the person
what an idiot he or she is

But you never stop
loving
You give another chance,
Try other means
to help steer your loved ones
back on track
Support them
every small
tiny step of the way

a lover,
a spouse,
a child.

Knowing that
Just round the corner,
they may yet again
fall...

I remind myself that
when they fall,
They are the ones
who get hurt
although I too,
feel
the hurt,
the anguish,
the pain

If, as in my case,
my spouse
did leave and
continue on
another path
he chose
with another woman

I still 'love' him
now as a person
who had shared
a big part
of my life.


The father of my children.
His cries and hurts
if any,
are now not for me

to share
and carry
that's ok.

For my parents
I remember the heartaches
I gave them as a youth
and the support
they gave me
and is still giving me now.

So
a few criticisms
here and there,
I listen,
I glean,
I take with a pinch of salt
and a smile,
To thank God that,
I still have
my parents around
to nag me =)

For my children
Well,
Will you ever give up
on your children?
Will you ever
Stop loving them?

Never.



Labels:

posted by charisMA @ 10:30 AM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links