((((...Ripples))))
Monday, August 20, 2007
Sacrifice
I was watching Posiedon on Saturday.

The story came to a part
where the father
swam down to the machine room,
to switch the rotary motor
so to rotate in the opposite direction,
eventually, to get out of the sinking ship.
Something to that effect anyway...
(shows I know so much about ships huh?)

The point is, Daddy Kurt Russell
had a heart attack
while trying to press the button,
and just before he died,
Managed to accomplish his mission.

I'd watched the film before,
but for some reason,
I found myself weeping.

He knew he might not survive, but he did it anyway.

My thoughts catapulted
to those brave passengers on the
fateful flight on September 11, 2001.
When they realised that
they'd probably not be getting out of the
hijacked plane alive.
They stormed the plane,
forcing it to crash
just short of its intended target,
Saving probably hundreds of people,
if not thousands.

They knew they might not survive, but they did it anyway.

Their heroic acts
Illuminated one truth
that separates us,
the human race,
from the animals,
evil fiends aside.

That when the rubber hits the road,
We do rise to the occasion
and yes,
Some would sacrifice
for the greater good
of those around them.

These heros went ahead
to do what is 'right'.

They knew their price is their lives, but they did it anyway.

Then I got thinking
about the Korean volunteers
who were kidnapped.
Did they know
they were going to die
when they
volunteered in war-torn Afganistan?
Would they have gone anyway?
Knowing how volatile the country is?

I guess I had to find out
when I meet them in heaven.
But one thing I know, is that,
This trait
Of self sacrifice
Is from God
If you accept that
We ARE made in the image of God.

I do, and I also know that
Long long time ago
A man sacrificed His life
On the cross,
so that
I could be
Reconciled with God

He knew
He had to die
for the sins of ALL mankind


But He did it anyway.



Labels:

posted by charisMA @ 11:14 PM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links