((((...Ripples))))
Monday, July 16, 2007
Teenage Icon
My baby no. 1 didn't get into
the Finals of Teenage Icon
& it is not
for the lack of her
Singing abilities

Now before you
even start sniggering
Thinking I would always
Sing my babies' praises

Let me tell you
She has a nice set of pipes in her
Yup, cross my heart
wish to die

But for whatever reasons
She was not in
Many of the semi-finalists
were equally shocked
That my baby was not
the final 16.

She's taking it better than I am
But I can't help it
Not when I saw the look of ghast
on the face(s)
of some of the judges last night.

She's seeing God's hand in it
Bless her heart and
I can only be but proud of her

As I thanked the judges
I told them
I don't understand the whys
but it doesn't matter
for my daughter is not
Defined by a competition
& I believe
she has learnt things &
Gained experience in this event.

One thing that warmed my heart
Is that this contestant
Helped my baby to make
New friends
and I think
I just got myself
another
God-son ;p
posted by charisMA @ 7:15 PM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links