((((...Ripples))))
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Hypnosis
I was asked recently
whether I would go for
hypnosis,
if it meant being able to
forget / erase
parts of my memories,
parts that are painful
parts that
one would rather
forget.

It's a legitimate question
& worth pondering

If only there is a drug
a potion
something
that would help me
forget the pains
the hurt
either
inflicted on me
or
by me

But how far does one go
to erase one's memories?

How about those around you?
Should they go through
Hypnosis too?

My answer is

No

Hypnosis
does not erase away
the fact that
something
unpleasant happened
a trust betrayed
a love lost
an opportunity lost.

We need to learn
from the hurt
the pain
the setbacks
and disappointments

Only in doing so
can we learn
from our mistakes
and grow wiser
become more
forgiving
at least
more understanding
in the fraility
of human nature.

We have our loved ones
to tough it out with us
to ride through
the storm
so to speak

As painful as it is
these memories
need to stay
as part of
life experience.

This is the time
more than ever
to hang on
hold close
to your family
and loved ones
so that
these lessons
could be learnt together

It's not meant
to be coped
on one's
own strength

For one will drown
in despair,
self-loathe
and unforgiveness

Painful memories
can be healed
& we will
become
better persons
because of it.

Trust me.

Labels:

posted by charisMA @ 11:14 PM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links