((((...Ripples))))
Friday, March 21, 2008
Someone was asking me
how my girls are.

As I updated the friends,
it suddenly dawned on me
I have much to update!

I am so proud of them!

They have such
Eventful lives that
Seriously, I am
Having a tough time
to catch up myself!

Let's start with No. 2
She's sec 3, 3rd form,
9th grade whatever you call it.

By sheer hard work and
Dogged determination,
She got into A Maths class.

So what's so great about that?
Hmmm, considering tuition is the norm
No. 2 only had tuition for, like, a year.

Before term 2 was over,
She was on her own
So it is her effort
That paid off.

On top of that, she is a great photographer.
She is good.
My colleague commended her
for her arty shots.
With a DSLR, I am sure
She would soar to greater heights.... hehe

Oh, she is pretty accomplished as a
Sketch artist.
That, I have to give credit to
Paternal genes...
I can't draw a straight line
with a ruler =)

& if she felt like it
She could draw some cute cartoons too!

She also has an innate sense
of rhythm...
Been playing drums since 12,
All she needs is to get beyond herself
and start playing with a band!

Then, there is my no. 1...
She's studying her associate degree
Singing,
Acting,
In assembly shows
Other projects
That take her fancy....

& on her way to various places,
Composes a song or two.

One may say I am
Measuring her ability / success
by the fact that she is 'working'....
and that there are people who
are also working at the same age.

That, I beg to differ, for
I am merely looking at the fact that
She is doing all the things that
She loves
Packing her days
That shames even working adults
At an age where
Her peers might still be
Groping for directions
In their lives.

Someone commented that
She is doing everything
he is aspiring to do
Still, at the age of 21...

My baby no. 1 has just turned 17.

Did I say I am so proud of my girls?
Well, I am, and I am not
Afraid to admit it...

Labels:

posted by charisMA @ 12:56 AM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links