((((...Ripples))))
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I wish I can do more...
He was individualistic
An obvious patriach
W the family at his
Beck and call.

Refusing to speak in
Any other languages
They usually look for
mandarin speaking staff to
Help translate

But if he said no, it's a NO.

Until one day....
He heard me talking to
His neighbour in Cantonese

Intrigued, he started asking
Questions....
N the friendship began.

He became more agreeable,
The family would come to me.
For update, for support.

In turn, I would guide them
To the right source for info
& provide the support
The best I can
To the patient,
To the family.

Now... I found out that
He hadn't eaten properly
Since my last day there....
But finished the porridge
On the day I went by to visit.

He slept
most of the time
But tried to sit up
N chat w me..

Did I really manage
To encourage him so much?

Have I done more harm
Than good?

Did he start to rely on
A relative stranger
For his survival??

I pray his will to live continues
That the next time I visit,
He'd he healthier.....

Labels: ,

posted by charisMA @ 5:05 PM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links