((((...Ripples))))
Saturday, July 11, 2009
On 11 July1987, I woke up at Esther and John's home in Camberwell, London and started slowly pampering myself.
My father was waiting downstairs, solemn as he always was, all the more as he got himself all suited up....

Soon, my dear friends Adah and Sara arrived. They looked lovely in their peach cocktail dresses with lace sashes. Actually I can't remember who made it, although I know the style was Adah's idea.
They went upstairs, Sara busy with her make up and Adah, well, she always went 'au-natural'...
I had done my own make up, moussed my permed hair and slipped into my gown.

Yes my gown - my wedding gown.

22 years ago today, my fiance and I got married, in front of over 200 family and friends. We exchanged our vows, promising to love and care for each other, till death us do part.

Well, there was no death, but there was parting.

However, I celebrate today, as we did have many happy memories, and without the wedding, the marriage, there would have been no children. Perhaps the purpose of the marriage was the children, and an opportunity for us to learn: about life, about love, about the death of a relationship, so that we, in turn, could help others in similar situation.

So yes, I still would celebrate this day, and would still remember this day as my anniversary, and thank God for all that was, and is, and is to come. Praise God.

Labels:

posted by charisMA @ 9:19 PM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links