((((...Ripples))))
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Playback Theatre

Not sure if we realised what we've opened up when
one was signed up for this Playback Theatre Workshop.

These 3 days of training opened my eyes to Playback Theatre
It helps me to appreciate the potential of Drama Therapy.

Playback is a powerful and useful tool, which to me
can be used to by counselors to understand
the behaviours / actions / reactions of some members.

My experience was interesting as I did not
choose memories or momentos that would
evoke much emotions

yet

during the playback of stories
many of the storytellers (myself included)
either saw the incidences in a new light
or were so touched and identified by the emotions
that there were tears, even the actors..

As the course progressed, I became more and more
intrigued and interested
Wondering if I could really
work on drama therapy
and use Playback
as a tool to help the members
to walk a little further with them
in their journeys of recovery.

Labels: ,

posted by charisMA @ 10:45 PM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links