((((...Ripples))))
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Considerate

What does being considerate mean?
It means putting the needs of others before yours.
It's also something I don't associate with cyclists, not all anyway.

I have never been a fan of cyclists who took over the pavement
Ringing that darn bell of theirs to tell people to get outta their ways.
Or riding abreast with their friends / families,
Taking over the whole pavement and
blocking anyone who dares to try to find a foothold between the wheels...

Then yesterday I was waiting for the bus at Pasir Ris
It was around school ending time and
Bus stops are chock full with people waiting for their buses.

One cyclist rode all the way up people's back,
clicking that un-ringing bell to tell people to move....
I rolled my eyes, wishing he'd ring that bell at me
and I will tell him to 'naff off'...

A tad later, another cyclist was riding the opposite direction
heading straight towards the same crowd again...
Then as he neared, he slowed and
Detoured a little to carry on his journey
without breathing down anyone's back
or shooing people away like they own the road.

That... is being considerate...
That is actually refreshing...

Labels:

posted by charisMA @ 11:57 PM  
About Me

Name: charisMA
Home: Singapore
About Me: Mom of 2 amazing n different girls. Love to sing, act n help people, even if it's just with a smile.
See my complete profile
Earworm:

Music: Charis & Enqing
Previous Post
Archives
TALK TO ME!

Links